Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm Home!

Well my travel day home was a very long day. The flight from Brussels to Atlanta was 10 hours. I was to have a 2.5 hour layover in Atlanta, but we were late leaving Brussels, waiting on passengers coming from a flight from Helsinki. I was lucky, I switched seats at the last second and was able to sit at one of the bulkheads, so I had plenty of leg room! We got 2 hot meals, snacks, watched 3 movies, several TV programs, advertisements, they kept us occupied. The flight was great, just a few patches of turbulence here and there, but fantastic for the most part. They have a GPS on the flight where you can watch and track your flight, give the altitude, speed, times, air temp, very interesting.

Mom and John came to the airport to pick me up and brought a surprise! Bob and Suzy were there, Bob with camera in hand and Suzy with a welcome home sign and a balloon. It was so nice to see them and be welcomed home like that!!

I had been told several times that John's kids were going to Chicago for the weekend and that Mary Helen was going to be busy so I wouldn't see them right away. Well, they are all liars! When I got home there was a houseful of my family, waiting with Jockamos pizza and mom's vegetable soup - it was fantastic. I was beyond exhausted but stayed up til about 10 p.m, then off to bed. I got up about 6 a.m. and did sleep all night, with the help of Ambien!!! I feel much better this morning, but I am most importantly glad to be home again! There is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment