Monday, September 28, 2009

One weekend to go!

Well the countdown is on, I have one weekend left in Brussels. I have mixed feelings. While this has been a fantastic experience, I am ready to get home.

This past weekend was nice. The weather has been perfect, actually, since I've been here. I stayed in Brussels on Saturday, hung out with Beth, and then had a very nice, free, dinner at the hotel. They are trying to make up for all the problems in the hotel, could never recommend this hotel to anyone, at least not this hotel in Brussels.

Sunday I took the train to Antwerp. The newest employee to the office, Sandy, and I went up. She had told me that the train station in Antwerp is where the "viral" video that is going around took place. It is a beautiful train station, took lots of photos. Then we boarded the "hop on hop off" bus and took a motor tour of the city. Sandy is 70 but she's quite a pistol! After the bus tour we took a walk over to this beautiful Cathedral. Once again people were out everywhere, bicycling, walking, being together as families. Outside of this Cathedral was a "street performer", doing juggling, fire, etc. He was quite cute, so we stayed and watched.

We try to head back to Brussels but again this weekend there were problems with the train, coming out of Amsterdam. We ended up finding a "local" train which made more stops, but it was still quite efficient. I am so impressed with the mass transportation in Europe, too bad the US can't have a system like this.

I had an interesting dinner last night. I met up with a friend of a friend (Nicolas) who is French, but lives in Brussels. He took me to dinner and we had a great time. He's very intelligent and a lot of fun.

As of this time I don't have plans for the weekend, but will probably stay in Brussels and do some souvenier shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment