Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Paris!!

Wow! What can I say - it was fabulous and I MUST go back. There was so much to see and so little time. I used the Hop On/Hop Off bus for my transportation and it was well worth the $32 for 2 days. My hotel was near the Eiffel Tower. On Friday and Saturday nights, after they light it up, around 9 pm they put "twinkling" lights on for about 10 minutes. I got to see it and took some photos. I really can't wait to see all my photos on my computer!!

The only place I actually went into was Notre Dame. I was fortunate enough to have arrived just in time for the service on Sunday morning - how moving! All the other attractions I was only able to see from the outside - but Paris is definitely a return trip someday - so much history! I never expected to feel this way about Paris, I see why people fall in love with it.

Now it's back to reality, back to work today. I'm in my new hotel, the Marriott Renaissance, which is next door to where I had been staying - it's much nicer, but nothing like home, which I'm ready to be back in my own bed and a nice sized shower where I can freely turn without bumping into walls - LOL!! Europe is definitely not a place for BIG people!!!

I am going to try to go to the Coast this weekend. Found out you can take a train (about 1 hr ride) up to the North Sea - I MUST see the water if it's that close. Hopefully my good weather will hold out for me. They say this has been most unusual with the temps and lack of rain - it's really only rained one good rain since I've been here. There were a few sprinkles in Paris on Saturday, but I said a prayer to my grandpa and asked him to make it stop, and it did!!!

Wow! Paris!!! What can I say???

1 comment:

  1. So happy you loved Paris and you had the opportunity to visit! It is just so - great! I love it. (pretty sure i've mentioned that on here already).

    ReplyDelete