Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Open House at the Executive Apartments

Well last night there was a reception for all of us who are staying at the Executive Apartments of the Marriott. I think this reception was thrown because so many people are having so many problems with the hotel. This Marriott definitely is not up to par with other Marriotts. There are issues with housekeeping, holes in the towels, not getting bath towels - just hand towels, the rooms have sewer odors, etc. I thought maybe I was the only person with these problems, as it turns out the complaints are throughout, so that made me feel somewhat better. The beds are horrible, mattresses are very worn and my back has just about had all it can, I wake up everyday with a stiff back and pain in my hip - so I am more than ready to come home now, just 15 days!

So...back to the reception. They had wine and beer and some finger foods. This is quite out of the ordinary for me, but I drank a LOT! Then I went out with a couple of folks after and didn't get back until 1:30 a.m. - I am feeling it today - I figured it wouldn't matter anyway as I haven't slept for 5 nights now!!!

I am considering a trip back to Oostende this weekend, or else up to Antwerp. The train station in Antwerp is the one used in the viral video that's gone around when professional dancers broke out in a dance at the train station, so I'd like to see that. It's not that far, so will probably get that done too. Just two weekends left!!

Back to work and looking forward to getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment