Monday, August 31, 2009

Brugge

On Sunday I made a VERY last minute decision to take the bus tour to Brugge. It was absolutely fabulous, the buildings are so beautiful, can't believe I'm seeing buildings from the 15th and 16th centuries, still standing!! Took another canal tour and that was great. I made friends with an older couple from New Jersey/Florida and they adopted me for the day (Fran and Bob). They had their local newspaper with them and this newspaper asks their readers to take the paper on vacation with them and have their photo taken in far off locations, then they publish the vacation photos in the paper. I was their personal photographer for the day and loved every minute of it. They bought me lunch and they were truly a joy to be around. They made up for me not having my family with me. They happen to be staying at the hotel around the corner (the one I'm moving to next week), so last night we ran into each other, they bought a pizza and brought it to my apartment! It was a truly delightful evening. Bob is 82 and Fran is 64 - but neither of them appear to be their age, they get around great and never tired!

So far I've taken around 2000 photos, I'm going to need a week off to sort through them all do some editing.

Oh - yes, I am working while I'm here!! That's going great too - everyone in the office is really nice. My partner is going to be leaving next week, but I'm comfortable enough that I'll be just fine on my own.

Now I'm preparing for Paris, leaving Saturday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    So glad your having a great time. I would e-mail Bruce for a hotel in Paris. Can't wait to see all your pictures.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete