Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A new experience for me

Well yesterday I had the experience of a public, coed restroom! I knew you had to pay for some restroom use, but never imagined they would be coed, so much to my surprise when I walked in to use the facility, there was a man standing there peeing!!! Was I ever shocked. At least I had a stall to use!!

I am trying to book a reservation to Paris, but it has been very difficult. I can't go through the European site, they have directed me to the American site. In the American site I can't give a European mailing address to receive my train tickets! So I may just "hoof" it tonight, or take the subway, down to the train station and just do it in person. Quite the challenge!

I assisted an elderlyBritish woman last night trying to find a particular hotel near the Grand Place. Because I have been lost so much I have found my way around and I'm getting quite good at this. Instead of continuing on to take a photo I was trying to get, I walked the lady back to where she needed to go (about 2 miles back). I thought...if this were my mom, I'd want somebody nice like me helping her - so I did. All these streets/sidewalks are cobblestone and I was concerned about her falling, plus she was carrying 2 credit cards in her hand along with a purse on her shoulder. Pick pocketing is horrible here, so I wanted to make sure she got to her destination safely, and she was very appreciative!

The weather has been fantastic thus far, and the walking continues! I still miss my friends and family, but this has been a great experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment