Friday, August 21, 2009

Survived my First Week

I have survived my first week in Europe and it is getting better. I'll admit, at first I wasn't sure, but now it's okay. It's all the unknown, and I'm not good about facing the unknown. I'm getting more familiar each day with the area and enjoying my free time. Tonight the "boss" is having all of us over for dinner; pizza, etc., so that should be fun. Everyone in this office is very nice and easy to get along with, so that makes the work part of this trip tolerable (I keep forgetting I'm not on vacation but here to work - LOL!)

I make venture out next week, will scope things out this weekend and decide what I want to do. My co-worker who is also here from US is not going anywhere as his wife is coming here close to Labor Day and they are taking a vacation at that point, so what I do is on my own, and I'm not sure about the transit system, nothing is in English. So I'll get Ky to give me as much info as possible before he departs Belgium.

2 comments:

  1. you'll be able to figure out the transit system...they should have someone that speaks english somewhere (that is so American of me to think, isn't it). you just let me know when you need a travel buddy. :) and don't quit the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make your reservation now, I'd love to have you here. I'm leaving Belgium on 10/9, so come out the week before!! Just let me know, you can fly back with me. My return is on Delta!!! Would love to see you here.

    ReplyDelete