Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday in Belgium

Well today is Sunday, heading into my 2nd week here and still alive. Yesterday I walked for 8 hours, stopping about 1 hour total. I couldn't sleep last night as my knees were killing me, but I woke up nearly painfree this morning. Dinner with the boss and his friends on Friday was wonderful, great food, great people. Even a guy from Indy was there!!! They also lived in Columbus, Indiana for a time and now live in Charlotte, he was a very kind man, so he quizzed me about being a Hoosier. Another man there is a professor at the American University, a Notre Dame graduate. He moved to Belgium 18 years ago and never went back to the states. It was an interesting group of people, all here for jobs from the US.

I found this internet cafe so I can keep everyone informed, it's a weird place, but at least I can connect to my friends.

Gotta run for now, will check in later.
Love
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! Glad you are becoming more comfortable over there. Went to the Cathedral/Carmel football game on Friday night - Cath won - it poured half time and most of second half! Lilian trying to mend her broken heart. First cross country meet for Lil and Joe is this Saturday. Weather is cool - 72 yesterday! It's too soon for this kind of weather - but I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete