Monday, August 17, 2009

First day on the job

Well I have reported to my new position (TDY) and so far things are great. Everyone seems to be very friendly and it's within walking distance from the hotel. May change hotels later on, after my new friend leaves, he's only here for 30 days.

I walked over 8 miles yesterday, don't know if my friend was trying to kill me or just test my endurance, either way, I survived.

Not much sleep last night, tossed and turned until 3 a.m, had to be up at 6, even with the help of ambien still had this problem. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you arrived safely! Good job updating your blog! Can't wait to see your photos on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed Jo up so that she can follow your blog and make comments!! Still working on getting a photo?!? Neighborhood fine without you, for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg and I are glad you have arrived safely and we look forward to hearing more about your experience and seeing some pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I can post photos here, can't plug anything into a State Department computer and I don't trust the Internet cafes (and was told not to either) May just have to share the photos when I return.

    ReplyDelete